Why Digital Marketing is Important:By Learn Digital Academy
- January 23, 2020
- Posted by: NIkhil Kumar
- Category: Digital Marketing
Why Digital Marketing is Important?
Over the last decade, technology has been on the rise and more people rely on the internet to transact business over the world. E-Commerce is one of the technologies which has been brought up by the advancement of the internet.
More people are relying on the internet to obtain information. Consumers use the internet to get information on the availability of products in the world market.
Businesses use the internet to interact with the target consumers in real-time and inform them of product changes or launch on new products. Digital marketing strategies are being used over the traditional marketing techniques.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is a technique used by business people to reach out to a large customer base online. It involves marketing of products and services over the internet using various digital platforms.
It is also known as web marketing, online marketing or internet marketing. Consumers and marketers use digital devices to engage and interact with each other in real time.
To succeed in digital marketing you need to;
- Know your target audience: Knowing your target audience will enable you to deliver your products and services to an audience who is interested with them. Identify the key features of your target audience in terms of demographics, age, gender, and economic status.
- How to determine success: You should come up with metrics that can determine your success in different areas of your business. E.g. Increase in sales leads, increase in web traffic, and high conversion rates.
- Set time frame to measure results: To get the desired results, you need to be realistic when setting your goals. Set deadlines for each goal you have set. This enables you to easily manage your time and give priority to important tasks.
- Determine your expected ROI: Set up realistic goals for what you want to achieve after a certain period of time and how much you expect to earn from your investments. Setting the target results will act as a benchmark to compare the actual performance and your expectations.
Benefits of using digital marketing.
Better return on investment (ROI)
Companies that rely on digital marketing have better revenue expectancy. Generating a steady flow of traffic to your business increases sales. The more traffic leads to your business the faster you will realize the ROI. Web analytic tools can help you to know whether your website is giving an optimal ROI.
Generate web traffic
Through web marketing, you can see the number of customers who have viewed the published content on your website. You will be able to see the devices they used in visiting your web page, how many pages viewed and anything else they did use digital analytics app.
This information helps you to know which marketing channel to capitalize on. Give more priority to channels which drive more customers to your website.
You can also identify the customer’s behavior, patterns and buying habits. You can rely on this to make informed decisions on how to attract more customers to your website.
Higher conversion rate
Online businesses have a high conversion rate. The web visitors can be converted into leads and later they can buy the company’s products or services. Internet marketing strategies like Email marketing, social media and SEO have a high conversion rate. They act as an effective means of communication between business and the customers. Inquiries made through emails and telephone calls can generate leads to the company.
Using online marketing, you can reach to a large number of customers at the same time with a minimal budget. Social media and email marketing campaigns are more cost effective as compared to traditional marketing channels like TV advertisement.
Small and medium-size businesses are investing in social media marketing, online marketing, and SEO marketing in order to survive in the competitive market. Digital marketing techniques are cheaper and enable the business to expand its market by reaching a large audience on the global market.
Online marketing facilitates interaction with your target audience. You can engage your customers through various platforms and also get real-time feedback on how well your products satisfy customer’s needs. Customers can also get information on the availability of the product and any changes to the product.
Build Brand reputation:
Being able to deliver what you promised your customers can help build a good relationship and in return, your loyal customers can act as brand ambassador for your business.
To increase the chances of survival in the digital market, you need to earn customers trust. The quality of services, social media presence and a testimonial from actual customers who have used your product determine the success of your business.
Interested to Learn Digital marketing. We Provide the Best Digital Marketing Course in Bangalore
Read More from Our Blogs
- Social media For Business Growth
- Digital Marketing Skills to acquire in 2019
- Why Digital Marketing is Important?
- How do We Earn Money by Digital Marketing?