How digital marketing will help business in corona time
- June 19, 2020
- Posted by: Vijin
- Category: Uncategorized
Digital marketing is an all-encompassing term that consists of digital channels, such as content marketing, SEO, email marketing, social media marketing, mobile marketing, and so on, to create elaborate strategies to reach and connect with prospects and customers. Digital marketing is defined by the use of numerous digital tactics and channels to connect with customers where they spend much of their time online.
An average user consumes content via the television, computer, tablet, smartphones, radio, and other traditional media. This constant exposure to various types of media has led to information overload, further complicating the buyer’s journey. Digital marketing has allowed brands to stay relevant by making themselves visible through different channels and touchpoints. Apart from traditional marketing channels, such as television, newspapers, billboards, and so on, marketers use these digital channels to guide prospects through their purchase journey and keep in touch with their existing customers.
Digital marketing benefits businesses of all sizes by giving access to the mass market at an affordable price. Unlike TV or print advertising, it allows truly personalized marketing. Digital marketing also comes with a number of challenges you should be aware of.
The main advantages of digital marketing is that a targeted audience can be reached in a cost effective and measurable way. Other digital marketing advantages include increasing brand loyality and driving online sales.
The benefits of digital marketing include:
- Global reach- A website you to find new markets and trade globally for only a small investment.
- Lower cost- A properly planned and well-targeted digital marketing campaign can reach the right customers at a much lower cost than traditional marketing methods.
- Trackable measurable results- measuring your online marketing with web analytics and other online metric tools makes it easier to establish how effective your campaign has been. You can obtain detailed information about how customers use your websites or respond to your advertising.
- Personalization- If your customer database is linked to your website then whenever someone visits the site, you can greet them with targeted offers. The more they buy from you, the more you can refine your customer’s profiles and marketing effectively to them.
- Openness- By getting involved with social media and managing it carefully you can build customer loyalty and create a reputation for being easy to engage with.
- Social currency- Digital marketing lets you create engaging campaigns using content marketing tactics. This content like images, videos, or articles can gain social currency.
- Improved conversion rates- If you have a website, then your customers are only ever a few clicks away from making a purchase. Unlike other media that require people to get up and make a phone call, or go to a shop digital marketing can be seamless and immediate. Together all these aspects of digital marketing have the potential to add up to more sales.
Some of the downsides and challenges of digital marketing you should be aware of include.
- Skills and training- You will need to ensure that your staff have the right knowledge and expertise to carry out digital marketing with success. Tools ,platform and trends changes rapidly and it’s vital that you keep up to date.
- Time consuming- Tasks such as optimising online advertising campaign and creating marketing content can take up a lot of time . It’s important to measure your results to ensure a return on investment.
- Security and privacy issues – There are a number of legal considerations around collecting and using customer data for digital marketing purpose.
Digital marketing during lockdown
Covid 19 or corona virus disease is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered corona viruses.
Lock down is placing pressure on the global economy. We face a serious recession. This pressure has led some world leaders to call for an easing of lockdown measures
The economics of collapse are fairly straight forward. Businesses exist to make a profit. If they can’t produce ,they can’t sell things. This means they won’t make profits. The whole point of the lockdown is to stop people going to work, where they spread the disease.
While the world continues to live in lockdown, the impact of the novel corona virus is bringing unprecedented changes in the behaviour and habits of people in terms of media and entertainment consumption, including but not limited to digital platform, television, news etc. People are consuming more online content even while cooking, exercising or working from home during these unusual times.
Corona virus has socially distanced people but social media has brought the community even more closer . The surge in the use of social media platforms has been estimated at 82 percent as it becomes the primary medium of communication and entertainment during the lockdown. The screen time spent on social media will continue to grow as the users are posting 352 percent more content, and are spending an average 4 hours on the apps as compared to 1.5 hours previously.
This refers to using online marketing tools, such as google AdWords campaigns and SEO practices in order to keep your brand in the public eye. You can often break down your audience to make your campaign more targeted and help to reach both warm and cold prospects in this way. Offering a way to reach customers and build your brand personality. Social media marketing allows you to engage with customers as well as post useful and relevant content that should bring in new potential customers.
During any crisis, people tend to be more reliant on digital media channels for their news and updates so this is the perfect time to pay for advertising space or get involved in writings content for these sites. A global crisis is the perfect time for you to think outside the box and rebrand your skills in order to help people.
During the lockdown period, digital media in the form of online news and websites will have plenty of readers, even far more than newspapers and other print media. Hence , businesses need to produce relevant and customer-centric articles and blogs to keep consumers engaged.
In the age of instant messaging and online conversations, live campaigning is important for maintaining a healthy relationship between companies and their customers. Online campaigning is an essential tool for customer engagements. During the lockdown period when people are in their homes, you can organize a campaign and attract many audiences. Likewise, there are many features of digital marketing that you can use to promote your business online.The government as well as other private players are using the digital platforms to educate and aware people of the development of the COVID 19 outbreak. This means that there is a lot of space for different industries and business to engage. Hence putting your brand out there during this time could be a great step forward for your business to thrive in today’s highly competitive world.
To learn more about online digital marketing