News & Events
How to improve website rank higher in Google
- May 8, 2020
- Posted by: NIkhil Kumar
- Category: Search Engine Optimization
In this post, you can find simple and easy ways to make your page top in google search tool without spending any amount. These are a few strategies to improve your position on Google search engine result page (SERP).
Step 1: Determine the searcher’s intent and deliver the relevant content.
Step 2: Analyse LSI keyword make use on your page (on-page SEO).
Step 3: Do technical SEO and improve the site.
Step 4: Create backlinks to your site (off-page SEO).
Step 5: Build your links in Social Media networks.
Step 1: Determine the searcher’s intent and deliver the relevant content:
Google’s aim is to produce the most appropriate result for every specific question. They rely on their entire business model to be able to do this reliably, over hundreds of billions of searches. When a user types a question in the Google search box, it expects the websites to give him a specific answer or solution in the first positions.
When a person types SEO Analysis tools in Google engine, it understands that it first list sites for SEO Analysis tools, not the definition or learning course relating site. Each content you publish on your website needs to have a specific purpose and this is no other than satisfying the user’s intent.
Make your content unique and original:
Our goal is to publish unique and original content on your website. This is one of the most critical factors in the success of the website. Duplicating and republishing content from other websites won’t work as originality of content is very critical to Google rankings.
Give more relevant content on your website:
Google has shown, with the new improvements in its ranking algorithm, that it likes relevance and authority in the top-ranked websites. This means that providing a single piece of content about a specific subject isn’t enough, but you need to prove that your website has a lot of relevant and related content about a subject.
Make your content contain at least 1400 words:
• More word content can cover a wider range and is actually preferable in the algorithm compared to shorter,
• A recent study of internet ranking variables showed that lengthy pages had the highest SERP in google search results.
• Ultimately, content will be easier to understand and more user-friendly.
• Bullets and numbered lists help to segment the articles for readers, making it more user-friendly
• Google predicts the rate of web pages reading. Google usually used to give you the ranking of a reading level.
• Schema code lets search engines understand common texts such as names, telephone numbers, recipes, reviews
Step 2: Analyse LSI keyword make use on your page(on-page SEO).
• The LSI keywords are advanced SEO tactics on the website.
• LSI keywords are words and phrases with a high degree of association between them and your target subject.
• They are used by Google’s algorithm to help assess the quality and relevance of content to the search word.
What is meant by on-page SEO?
On-page SEO is the method of optimizing individual web pages in order to rank higher and gain more relevant traffic in search engines.
How to do on-page SEO to get top ranking in SERP?
• Use your target keyword in the title can help both users and search engines understand what your page is about.
• Meta descriptions should be highly relevant and attractive to the content of your page, so it should make the user more curious to click through.
• In the first 100-150 words of your post, use your main keyword once.
• Google said using the H1 tag “helps Users to understand the page’s structure.”
• Please include your intended keyword in the subheading at least once. And wrap the subheading into a tag with H2.
• More important is the keyword frequency, it shows how many times your keyword appears in your content.
• The use of modifiers such as “best,” “guide,” “checklist,” “quick” and “review” will help you rank your target keyword for long-tail versions. For example title page such as “Best SEO Tools” get more clicks than “SEO Tools”
• Use long-tail keywords that are question- based title tags in your content, which are less competitive than short term keywords have an above-average CTR.
• Using certain types of Schema can get you with Rich Snippets. Rich Snippets can help you get more clicks.
• Adding the year to your title and description makes it clear that your content is up-to-date. Gets more clicks.
• Ensure that your images have Alt tags that include target keyword, optimizing images will help in boost page rank and get high rank in Google image search.
Step 3: Do technical SEO and improve the site:
Technical SEO refers to the method by which your website is configured for the crawling and indexing phase. You can help search engines navigate, browse, view, and index your website without any problems with technological SEO.
Checklist for best practice of technical SEO Audit:
1- How Fast Does Your Website Load?
2- Is the Website Mobile-Friendly? Responsive web design
3- Is the Site Being Indexed Well?
4- Is the Site Being Indexed Well?
5- Robots.txt created?
6- Sitemap.xml created?
By using available free SEO audit tools, you can check these factors
1. small SEO tools
2. SEO site checkup
3. I web check
4. screaming frog
5. SEO optimizer
How Fast Does Your Website Load?
Google makes reference to the importance of speed in all of its SEO recommendations and studies support faster websites To check your Website’s speed using three tools:
- Google page speed insights
- Pingdom tools
- Google mobile speed tool.
If your website takes a long time to load, this would have a serious impact on user experience. Follow these steps to speed up your website:
- Optimize the size of your images.
- Reduce the server response time.
- Minimize the use of plugins.
- Don’t use heavy pre-made themes.
- Optimize and compress your CSS and JS Files
- Using a caching plugin to serve cached pages to users
- Avoid adding too many scripts in the <head> of your website
- Update WordPress to the new versions, including all plugin
Is the Website Mobile-Friendly?
In present day, most probably the majority of your users are on a mobile and with the introduction of the mobile-first index by Google, if you don’t have a fast, mobile-friendly website your rankings will suffer. Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test will determine whether your website meets Google’s criteria for mobile-optimized websites. Check your site is Responsive web Design: a responsive web site is optimized for viewing (i.e. looks good) on different types of devices, screens, and resolutions.
For Example: try to view the article you are reading now on a desktop or laptop, android tablet, iPad or smartphone.
Is There a Keyword Cannibalization? What is meant by Keyword cannibalization?
Keyword cannibalization is when the same keyword is mistakenly used by a single website across several articles or
sites. In simple words: you are competing with yourself when you have several pages ranking for the same keyword.
For Example: In e-commerce website sells t-shirts and “t-shirt” is the only keyword you target, you are essentially
telling Google that every page is about “t-shirts” regardless of whether they are men t-shirt, women’s t-shirt, kid’s t-shirt, etc.
How to find the Keyword cannibalization?
By searching in Google ‘site:domain.com “keyword” will give you an easy answer to the question of whether you’re
suffering from keyword cannibalism.
How to fix the keyword cannibalization?
Using 301s, you can optimize your cannibalized content by linking all the pages that are less important to a single, more authoritative edition. Then your visitors land on the right version and Google ranks the most valuable page
for a question
Is the Site Being Indexed Well? What is meant by indexing?
Google indexes a page if it is viewed and evaluated for content and context by the Google crawler and placed in the Google index. In Google Search results, indexed pages can be seen (if they meet the guidelines of Google’s webmaster).
How to Check Website is Indexed?
You can test how many of your web pages have been indexed by Google using free resources like the Google Search Console. This will help you correct any bugs on your pages so that they are indexed by Google and will
help you boost organic traffic.
Reasons for no index error:
- some page URL has lengthy parameters
- missing alt tags
- meta descriptions that are either missing or too long
- DNS errors
- Server errors (which could be a speed issue)
- Robots failure
- Denied site access
- Not followed (
Google is unable to follow a given URL)
If your site has content, you don’t want to crawl on Google or any other search engine using robot.txt file to determine how to access content. You may also let them crawl a page, but tell them not to show the search results on this page or not to follow the links on that page. If you want to check if your robots.txt is running, “Blocked URLs” can tell you what you need to know about this.
Your sitemap is one of Googlebot’s clearest messages about how to navigate your web site. It serves as a map to your site to be followed by Googlebot using sitemap.xml to discover any and all areas of the site to be crawled and indexed.
Are Internal Links Injected the Right Way?
An internal link is when you add a link to a web page leading to a particular web page on the same website. A simple layout of the site increases the chances of ranking on Google. Search engines such as Google have ties to follow. So it is vitally important how you organize your website and how your pages are internally connected to each other.
Google will consider pages that have lots of links pointing to them as relevant, while Google will find pages that don’t have lots of links less meaningful.
step 4:Create backlinks to your site( off-page SEO).
Off-page SEO helps make your website popular on the Internet, allows you to gain more publicity.
Some Benefits of off-page SEO:
- More traffic to a website and get higher rank in SERP
- Domain authority will increase
- Brand awareness
- Establish Authenticity.
Building backlinks is a main off-page SEO factor. Search engines use backlinks as indicators of the quality of the linked content, so a site with many high-value backlinks would typically rank higher than a site with fewer backlinks.
These backlinks which obtained from other sites, must-have attributes of SEO such as:
- The linking site’s popularity
- How the subject of the link is relevant to the linked site
- The “freshness” of the link
- Anchor text used on the linked site
- Trustworthiness of the linked site
- Domain and page link authority
More ways to create backlinks to your website:
- Guest posting
- Blog directories
- Forum signatures
- Social bookmarking techniques
- Business listing
- Image submission
- Video submission
- Press release
Step 5:Build your links in Social Media networks:
Social media engagement is a major Off-page SEO technique. If you want to promote the website or blog, engage people on multiple social networks. The impact of social media will help make your site accessible to more people than any other medium, and will also increase the amount of traffic on your site.
Some of the social networking websites:
Google is actively searching for better websites to add to their index in order to provide its users with the best possible results. Make content accessible to google crawlers and it should be useful, valuable, and worth sharing. Ensure that users have good experience on your site so that they want to visit again and make reference to others.
At last, be patient, high google rankings take time to achieve but put your work in the right direction there is nothing to stop you from getting top position.
Want to learn SEO to improve your website rank on SERP or want to start your career as a SEO executive? Don’t worry! Join our SEO Training Institute in Bangalore and get ahead in your career.