Guidelines for making a career in Lead Generation
- June 1, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Lead Generation
Guidelines for making a career in Lead Generation
Just launching a product is not enough. It needs to reach to the right customers at the right time. Earlier it was so tough to identify the right set of customers and every company was investing huge on marketing/advertising to identify the segmentation of customers by doing surveys, doing activities, hiring agencies and collecting physical data which translates into leads. The approach was more macro rather than micro. But with the explosion of smartphones, mobile data connectivity has given the birth to NEW DIGITAL / ONLINE Platform. More and more business owners are turning to the internet to generate new customers (LEADS converting to CONVERSION) and grow their company revenues. This has opened vast opportunities in the field of Lead Generation both as Employers & Employees. Technology is making customers smarter and more analytical, now they want everything at a click. So, it’s required to change the way companies where planning earlier and segmenting or generating leads in the Current Era.
Table of content
- Importance of Lead Generation in the Current Era
- 3 Stage Customer Journey
- Top Methods for Lead Generation in the Current Era
- In a nustshell How does SEO help with lead generation and how it works:
- Few Top most steps to get started with generating leads via email marketing are:
- Here are some tips to help you get more leads from this social media platform.
Importance of Lead Generation in the Current EraIn the current era, more emphasis after the New Product launch is to promote the product to the right set of customers (Converted from various Lead Generation activities). The process of attracting your ideal customers and getting them interested in buying your products or services are known as LEADS. With digitization, Leads can connect with your business in various types. For example- your websites, Email marketing, networking events, social media, and ads- all play a role in generating leads. In the present fast pacing world, it’s necessary to become Digital in Lead generation at every stage of the customer journey. From AWARENESS (Stage where people know they have a problem) to EVALUATION (Stage where they are looking for solutions) to CONVERSION (Stage where they are making a decision).
3 Stage Customer JourneyA big opportunity for both Employee & Employer is how good one can pair Lead generation with lead management to convert leads through the purchase funnel. So in the current era, this combination of activities is referred to as pipeline marketing to give more micro level results with revenue growth and optimization of companies ROI. Growing opportunity for Digital Marketers to make a career – A recent study tells that direct traffic to your website, traffic through search engines, and web referrals are the 3 most popular online channels for lead generation, accounting for 93% of leads.
Top Methods for Lead Generation in the Current Era.Earlier conventional methods for generating leads typically fall under the umbrella of advertising but with Digital explosion now more micro level leads are generated which are more effective and almost free by organic search engine results or referrals from existing customers. Good Leads can be generated from various activities and sources. For example- digitally via the Internet, through personal referrals, through telephone calls either by the company or telemarketers, through advertisements, and events. A recent study shows that 89% email marketing as the most-used channel for generating leads, followed by content marketing, search engine optimization, and finally events.
- Website for Lead Generation: One of the most important places for lead generation is your company website. A good website needs to have a High-converting landing page / Compelling Call of Action / Attractive Offers / An Opt-in form. Website visitors become leads by taking actions like:
- Subscribing to your email list
- Subscribing for Newsletter
- Grabbing your lead magnet (Like- eBook, checklist, download, or anything else that your visitors would find valuable).
- Signing up for a webinar
- Starting a free trial
- SEO for Lead Generation: How to Attract More Organic Leads – If you’re not using SEO as part of your marketing strategy, you’re missing a great opportunity to get more qualified organic leads by attracting more traffic to your website.
In a nustshell How does SEO help with lead generation and how it works:
- Content Marketing for Lead Generation: Creating quality content and keep optimizing them helps you to attract an audience, and helps to turn them into leads, and convert into sales. Once a visitor becomes customers, you can use more new content to keep them informed and interested.
- Know your content goals and content marketing mission goals
- Figure out the content types that best suit your audience
- Create a quality content to appeal to your audience
- Working out the best channels to distribute the content
- Building awareness of your business
- Creating interest in your products and services
- Making your audience actively consider buying from you
- Helping prospects make the decision to use your products and services
- Email marketing for Lead Generation: Email marketing is the most direct and effective way of connecting personally with individuals, nurturing them, and converting them into customers.
Few Top most steps to get started with generating leads via email marketing are:
- Selection of email marketing service
- Designing attractive signup forms and marketing campaigns
- Creating the best lead magnet
- Write killer email subject lines so people open your emails
- Personalize and make a human connection with your emails
- Keep tracking your email test results so you can improve your strategy
- Try to avoid Spam Filters
- Regularly update by removing Inactive Subscribers to Keep Your List Fresh
- Perform some A/B tests to identify which timeframes seem to do best and explore those in future campaigns.
- Using visual and pics with amazing Content to convey the message, Every Time
- Optimize for Mobile
- Send more value emails than sales emails.
- Social Media for Lead Generation: Sticking with lead generation beyond your website, social media can drive leads directly and can improve ranking and visibility for SEO.
Here are some tips to help you get more leads from this social media platform.
- Choose the Right Hashtags
- Engage with Your Audience / Go Instagram Live / Participate in Twitter Chats
- Share User-Generated Content
- Add a Link to Your Site / Add Social Buttons to Your Email Newsletter
- Discover What’s Working to Drive More Engagement
- Add Security Seals
- Post at the Right Time of Day
- Replace Text with Images / Use Statistics and Data Points