Benefits of Having a Website For a Business
- April 7, 2020
- Posted by: vijin
- Category: Uncategorized
- Importance of a website
- Why is website important
- How to get started with a professional website
In a world with a growing population especially in countries like India where the youth population is going to dominate in the near future who at most prefers the digital world. And as of date, 3.5 billion people stream online which indicates the market it creates for any kind of business. It also becomes the best alternative to stay connected and to gain or sharpen knowledge in any aspect.
According, to the eCommerce foundation around 88% of consumers pre-check information through the internet before purchasing any service or product. This kind of buying behavior emphasizes on the importance of professional websites.
Currently in 2020 the business world and even the generation have largely moved into the digital age while within few more years the entire population is going to have access to the internet which also makes it the biggest platform for information, communication, sales, diversification, and growth of any kind of business.
Having a website is no more an option but has become a necessity to make sure that your product or service is in the front line and is in power with that of your competitors who have also exhibited their products or services in the digital world. A website will not only give you credibility but also give an impression of a larger and well-grown company. It not just gives better service to your existing customers but also creates awareness about your service or product in the marketplace which creates a room for prospective customers.
People often say ‘why do i need a website to sell my cakes?’
Answer: Consumers will always Google’ Best cake shops near me’ and not having a website, you’d lose a significant amount of consumers.
Your website serves as a base for those wanting to gain information on your product/service and also to purchase them.
Let’s see 5 points on why the is a website important?
- Marketing strategy – The internet has transformed how we build and promote business. There is access to far more resources and potential than ever before. The marketing of the website extends to every aspect of the digital marketing strategy.
(How digital marketing is improving buying power of customers)
Few of the online marketing strategies include :
- Content marketing – The importance of content marketing is significant, but your content needs a home and that home is your website. All your content and blog posts display the product information which prospective customer is in search of. Your website is the perfect place to house all the great content created by your business.
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION – SEO is a process of making your website more visible in search engines and creating traffic from people searching for your products or service, through the internet. Though much of the ranking comes from the technicality and content of your website and your site development strategy.
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING – Every type of communication, piece of content, or information regarding the products or services that you put up on SMM will drive the customer back to the website as we are using the third party i.e. Social media sites to engage with customers.
For example; we tell students we are a digital marketing institute but if the students want to know more about the courses offered, they can learn more by following the link on the blog post.
- Email marketing – This is the most effective way of communicating to the customers by sending emails and for building a relationship with prospects, leads, and customers.
You can incorporate email marketing into any kind of market plan, without worrying about any additional costs. So your website does play an important role in order to send customers back to the website for converting the leads, but be sure to send it from your website’s email address as nothing is worse than a marketing email sent from a personal or public address as it looks unprofessional.
- Convenience to customers –
The information available on the website plays a very important role in the success of companies because of the convenience it provides to consumers, which is an important factor in one’s growth. Hence, the ultimate goal of your website is to answer all the user questions with ease. This factor leads the company to be successful and achieve their end goals.
- Ease– Having a website makes it easy for people to find you and read about your company and purchase your products.
For example; if I had to know about digital marketing institutes, I would just Google and grab information instead of going from one academy to another.
If you make your products available for sale on your website, then consumers can even make purchases around the clock. By making it easy for consumers to browse and buy your products online, you’re making it as convenient as possible for leads to convert to customers. And the best part is – you don’t physically have to be there to reap the benefits of the sale. Your site gives the consumer what they need to know about the product, makes the sale, and collects their payment information online.
- 24/7 accessibility – a website provides access to the audience around the clock. Your website is working for you even while you’re asleep to bring you more customers.
Luckily u don’t have to give up on your sleep to communicate 24/7. You can also improve your customer service by providing a Customer support system by creating a forum where users can clear any doubts or gain additional information.
- Affordable cost– It’s time to talk about money.
Having a website is the most cost-effective marketing method and the best part about the website is that once you invest in it, it lasts you forever. The cost usually depends on the quality and the design you choose for your website. The more professional and unique the higher the cost.
The other costs added to the website design is website hosting, which is inexpensive.
Various web hosting companies are:
Blue host, go Daddy, big rock etc
For example; if you were to use blue hosting, which is a great company, you would probably be charged around 199/- per month, if you sign up for the basic plan.
The chances of your website generating more than a handful of customers over the upcoming few years is guaranteed as a website makes it possible for anyone in the world to find you. Nearly 2 billion people made an online purchase in 2019. The more consumers you reach online, the more opportunities you have to make a sale. Having a website doesn’t automatically bring customers to your business. However, through search engine optimization of your website, you can improve your chances of bringing in more qualified leads who are more likely to make a purchase.
- Improve productivity
Less time is spent explaining the services to consumers as all the information is available on the website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days. Your website also acts as a data center for both you and your employees, customers, and prospects. It saves money and time by not having to print on paper catalogs or produce receipts. This way things work much faster.
5. Building credibility
Let’s understand what credibility is first-
Credibility means your business has to come across as trustworthy, safe and knowledgeable. Your website is often your customer’s first impression of your brand, hence in today’s digital marketplace, businesses without a website are considered less credible. Imagine a salesman coming up to you without credentials or ID card and shares information on any service, would you trust him? No, because it’s not the best first impression.
A website is a professional move in the eyes of a customer and by helping consumers get to know your business, you are working to establish trust, which is the first step in building long-lasting customer relationships. By building valuable and educational content on your website you can improve and encourage conversions.
How to get started with a website for your business
The importance of a website in business is clear and it’s vital that you have a professional website.
Your website is the museum you build online.
If the museum has no extravagant showpieces no one will pay a visit again. There are a few different ways to get a website, and it’s possible to even create one by yourself.
There are multiple tools available to enhance your website and a variety of website building services that you can use in building your website. Drag and drop website building services like Square Space and Wix are easy to use and affordable.
If you have some web design knowledge or you want to customize your website the way you like then you can also use WordPress, which is free to get started.
When you start creating your website for the first time it might seem confusing and overwhelming. In reality, creating a website is easy if you know what you’re doing.
But how do we start?
- Choose a domain name or URL– the first step to create a website is to determine what domain name you need for your website. This is an important step as all your content and business will be identified and linked by the domain name you choose.
- Registering domain name- after you have chosen a domain name, there is a variety of hosting services available that will give you a free domain name with your hosting account on registration.
- Choosing hosting service – hosting is the process to access your website and make it visible on the internet. A few of the hosting services are Bluehost, GoDaddy, Hostgator. Make sure the hosting service offers good reliability and speed.
- WordPress- once you complete the above steps you’ll need to install software that will allow you to manage and build your website as you wish to. The software you need to download is WordPress, which is free and one of the most convenient, highly flexible and customizable to create your blogs, website for business.
- Build your website- there are tons of themes available on WordPress that can be used to customize your website based on the looks you prefer and suits your functionality.
Once it’s ready you get to add content to your website.
A good website must include:
- Unique and knowledgeable content
- Attractive design
- Easy conversions
- Fast load
- Easy to navigate
- Helpful F&Q’s
The majority of people opt to create a website themselves by having it customized their own way and save a lot of money. This is not only restricted to HTML coding but also many other ways so if you’re interested in creating your own website then we offer just that. With simple tools, you can have your website ready. To find out more about our courses or to learn more about the importance of a website, contact us today.