News & Events
What is a Podcast?
- July 17, 2020
- Posted by: Vijin
- Category: Digital Marketing
If you think to become a good digital marker. there are many digital marketing training institutes and all the institutes having thereon education system but the important thing is to learn the updated version what happening in the digital marketing field so we digital marketing training institutes in Bangalore providing the best digital marketing training with live project experience with giving students to interact with client website to know the practical experience. And through blogs, we will discuss the updates. And today we are discussing the podcast
What is a Podcast?
A podcast is an audio presentation (sometimes video), just like a radio but the difference is that you can subscribe to it and can download to listen to it later. Also, unlike radio podcast is not limited to your location & terrestrial antennae. So, a person in Delhi can listen to a podcast from Bombay).
A podcast doesn’t bound you to the internet and a computer system, you can just download it on your phone and listen to it whenever and wherever you want. A podcast can be on anything, it can be educational in nature, comedy, interviews, political debates, News discussions, tutorials, etc. Also, there are many benefits to listening to podcasts. You can listen to a podcast of your choice to gain knowledge on that particular topic and also for entertainment purposes. Another benefit of listening to podcasts is that it improves your vocabulary by introducing new slangs and words that you have never heard.
How to Start a Podcast?
Let’s take a look at the steps required to make a podcast:
1. Choose your forte: be specific about your niche. Choose a niche as per your preference and comfort.
2. Topic: Choose an interesting topic for your podcast which can hold the interest of your audience. Always try to choose a topic in which you are comfortable and can speak.
3. Get podcast hosting: get a suitable podcast hosting by checking the plans and prices. Choose the one which is suitable to your requirements.
4. Name: choose an attractive and related to your topic name for your podcast. The name should be such that gives an insight into what your podcast is about.
5. Description: the podcast description has a great impact on the listeners. So, always be conscious while writing your podcast description. Your podcast description must fulfill theses 3 given below criteria:
- It should be explanatory
- Avoid getting too long
- Should be search friendly
6. Record your Podcast: for podcast recording, you will require 3 stuff
- Microphone: For recording a clear and high-quality podcast, it is better to get an external mic. You can also use your computer mic but using an external mic is a better option as a computer mic picks up background noise and can affect the quality of your podcast.
- Headphone: You will need a good quality headphone.
- Computer: You can use any windows computer or Mac to record, edit, and upload your podcast.
- Audio recording and editing software: Once you are done with recording, you will need an audio recording and editing software to record and edit your podcast as per your preference.
Now, let’s look at the platforms where we can launch our Podcast:
1. Spotify: Spotify is a great podcast platform. It has around 220 million active users among which 100 million are premium subscribers. The best thing about Spotify is that it not only works on all computer systems but also on smartphones through apps. Soon, Spotify is going to launch an official Spotify for podcast platform which will be specifically for podcast users.
2. iTunes: In their latest report, there are more than 700000 active podcasts listed in their Podcasts program with around 200 million active podcast listeners.
The thing which is appealing about iTunes podcast is that every Apple product user has iTunes installed on their device, so it has a native audience. Also, one thing that makes iTunes different from other podcast platforms is that if you are not able to find a podcast, iTunes provides you an option to add it via RSS link.
3. YouTube: YouTube has over one billion users worldwide. Around 30 million people visit YouTube every day which makes them the most popular platform for videos, music, and podcast in 2020. The reason for its popularity is that it’s free and easy to access. Some of the benefits of using YouTube as a Podcast platform are:
- On YouTube, you can interact with your audience which will help you build a relationship with them, and in this way, you can find out what your audience actually wants from you.
- On YouTube, you can optimize your tags, title, and description to make your podcast more discoverable.
- YouTube analytics helps podcaster to access data like who is your audience, how much time they spend on listening to your podcast, and how they came across your podcast.
4. Stitcher: Stitcher is one of the most popular platforms on android. If you are using stitcher as your podcast platform and your podcast is a popular one than stitcher will start promoting your podcast weekly. This will let you gain some extra exposure. Also, it offers analytical tools to you to help you better understand your podcast performances.
5. TuneIn: TuneIn has around 80 million+ monthly active users. It is a great platform to submit your podcast if you want to increase your discoverability. Also, one more advantage of using TuneIn to launch your podcast is that Amazon Alexa gets a podcast from TuneIn. So, if your podcast is available on TuneIn, it will be easily accessible via Alexa.
6. Buzzsprout: This platform is used by more than 100000 podcasters. The reason for its popularity is its excellent podcasting services. In Buzzsprout, whenever you upload a new episode, it will help you to optimize that episode and send it to other platforms like iTunes and many more. Buzzsprout also creates a mobile version of your podcast so that your audience tune in to your podcast through mobile devices also.
How to make a Podcast SEO Friendly:
You can’t directly control the ranking of your podcast but you still improve you’re ranking by directing some of your efforts to SEO.
1. Know the Trend: Just like blog writing, you need to have a knowledge of the trending keywords and topics for starting a podcast also. Before making the podcast one should first prepare a list of keyword which they want their podcast to rank for.
2. Title: it is really important that both your podcast title and individual episode title must describe the podcast perfectly. The title should be short, keyword-focused, unique, clear, and descriptive. Your podcast title should contain the main keyword of your whole podcast and your episode title should contain the main keyword of each individual episode. Always give priority to long-tail keyword phrases. Also, it is considered better if your title contains questions because when people ask questions on Alexa or Google Home, you will start seeing podcasts in top search results.
3. Content: It is important to post new content on your podcast regularly not only to keep the audience engaged but also for improving your podcast ranking. Google will never rank your podcast higher if you don’t update often.
4. Keywords for each episode: Don’t focus on too many keywords for an episode. Pick only those keywords which are vital to your podcast. Put the main keywords in the episode title and your blog post title.
5. Create a blog post for each podcast episode: it is very essential to create a new blog post for every podcast episode. This blog post page will advertise your podcast episodes and be a location for listeners to find your podcast episodes on various directories or the listeners can download them directly from your site also.
Are you willing to start your career as a digital marketer? Then join our digital marketing training institutes in Bangalore, we offer Digital marketing course with placement in Bangalore.