Data Science is undoubtedly the most promising career field for engineers these days. We live in an age of information explosion. The management and analysis of data amidst the data deluge for bettering the outputs of enterprises and organizations is becoming increasingly challenging with each passing day. It was precisely this sort of a challenge that led to the coining of the term and the emergence of this interdisciplinary area of study in the last few decades. Typically,data science is the confluence of computer science, statistics, mathematics and management, oriented towards observing, analyzing and organizing data such that it helps to minimize the gap between the actual phenomenon and human understanding.
- Data Science concerns itself with the capture, maintenance, processing, analysis and communication of data to maximize the efficiency of processes.
- Pattern detection, grouping and prediction are at the heart of Data Science.
- Automation of decision-making for the generation of a prediction-engine is one of the chief functions towards which the Data Science is geared to.
- Recommendations and forecasts based on data analysis are central to a Data
- The robustness and potential of this fast-growing field can be gauged further by understanding what a Master degree in Data Science can offer.